To bypass a sensor means to deactivate a security sensor (or zone) on your security system. If someone enters a bypassed area, the alarm will not sound off. You can still arm and secure your system in other areas.
There are a number of reasons to use the bypass function. You may want to leave a specific door or window open. It can also be useful when a sensor is not working (i.e., low battery). You could still arm the rest of your system until a technician can come fix the malfunctioning sensor.To bypass a sensor:
- From the home screen, press SECURITY and then MENU.
- Press TOOLBOX and then enter your master code.
- Press BYPASSED SENSORS.
- Find the sensor you wish to bypass and press to select it.
- Press the HOME button to exit.
- To arm your system, press SECURITY then ARM.
- Press STAY or AWAY.