Lutron offers four residential home control solutions that can be integrated with your Bell Smart Home service:
- Caséta Wireless
- RA2 Select
- RadioRA 2
- HomeWorks QS
- A compatible Lutron system (listed above)
- A subscription to a Bell Smart Home package that supports home automation:
- Video and Automation
- Good with an Automation add-on
- Better with an Automation add-on
Features available through a Bell Smart Home integration with Lutron
- Plug-in switch and dimmer control
- In-wall switch and dimmer control
- Light schedules
- Individual shade control (Venetians coming soon)
Can rules and schedules for Z-Wave lights be created with a Lutron system?
Yes. You can use the rules and schedules available for Z-Wave lights, including geo-fence, with one exception: the rule that turns a light on when a doorbell camera button is pressed or senses motion. However, rules or schedules for Lutron devices must be created separately from those already created for Z-Wave lights. You need to select Lutron devices when creating these rules or schedules. Additional scene and rule options are available through the Lutron software.
Note : If you are using the Video Analytics feature with Lutron lights on Bell Smart Home cameras, you will not be able to set up light automation rules (e.g., turning on the lights when activity is detected on your video camera) for those lights.
How many Lutron devices can be integrated with Bell Smart Home?
Bell Smart Home can integrate as many devices as the Lutron platform allows.
Integrating your Lutron system
The steps that you need to follow to integrate your Lutron system with Bell Smart Home vary depending on the Lutron system that you have.
A. Caséta and RA2 Select
To integrate Lutron Caséta or Lutron RA2 Select, you must configure the devices using the Lutron app, register the Lutron account with Alarm.com and add the devices using the Add Device portal.
- Lutron app. Download it from your mobile device’s app store.
- Caséta wireless or RA2 Select main repeater
To register your Lutron account
Using the Bell Smart Home website
- Log in to Bell Smart Home.
- On the left menu, click Settings.
Click + Add Device.
Click Lighting and Appliance Control.
- Click Caseta Pro/RA2 Select Main Repeater.
- Click Begin Installation.
- Enter the email address and password associated with the Lutron account and click Sign In.
Using the Bell Smart Home app
- Log in to the app.
- Touch .
- Touch + Add Device.
Touch Lighting and Appliance Control.
- Touch Lutron Caseta Pro/RA2 Select Main Repeater.
- Touch Begin Installation.
- Enter the email address and password associated with the Lutron account and touch Sign In.
- Click Authorize.
B. RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS
One of the following:
- RadioRA 2 main repeater with firmware version 6.1.0 or higher
- HomeWorks QS processor with firmware version 5.1.0 or higher
To integrate your Lutron system
Note the serial number for your Lutron device.
RadioRA 2 main repeater :
HomeWorks QS processor
- Call Bell Smart Home technical support at 1 800 267-2001.
- Let the agent know that you have a Lutron RadioRA 2 or a Lutron HomeWorks QS system and would like to add the Lutron repeater to your Bell Smart Home service.
- The agent will add the equipment to your account.