|ADC-VC826 camera||W100 and W110 wireless bridge|
|Included in the box||What you need to provide|
Follow these steps to install your camera.
If applicable, please disarm your security system.
Step 1 - Connect your camera
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your camera to the port marked “Camera” on the ADC-W100 or W110 wireless bridge.
- Plug the wireless bridge into an electrical outlet that is within close range of your Wi-Fi network or router.
- Confirm that the power indicator on front of the PoE device is solid green.
- Press the WPS button for about three seconds and release it when the WLAN indicator begins to flash red.
- Press the WPS button on your modem/router for four to five seconds.
- Allow a few minutes for the PoE adapter/camera to connect with your modem. The WLAN indicator flashes green when the connection is complete. When no data is being sent over Wi-Fi, the light goes to a solid green to indicate it’s connected to Wi-Fi.
- Run the Add Device wizard in your Bell Smart Home app to connect your camera to your Wi-Fi and Bell Smart Home service:
- Launch the Bell Smart Home app and log in.
- Touch the menu button on the top-left corner of the screen (3 horizontal lines).
- Select + Add Device and follow the steps.
Note: One of these steps requires you to connect your camera to Wi-Fi. To do so, use the username and password you use to connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Step 2 – Mount your camera
Before you start
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough:
- Move the camera and wireless bridge to the area where you’ll be mounting the camera.
- Power up the camera.
- In the Bell Smart Home app, confirm that the camera is working properly.
- Determine the path that the Ethernet cable take from the camera location (once mounted) to where the wireless bridge will be plugged in. This tells you how long your Ethernet cable needs to be and if drilling through walls or ceilings is required.
- Ensure there is no electrical wiring or cables in the areas where you plan to drill or screw.
Typical installation order:
- Mark drilling locations.
- Use the drill template provided to mark the holes for the screws and wall anchors where you want to mount the camera. Make sure the cut is facing down (labelled ‘B” on the template).
- Mark the holes for the Ethernet cable.
- Drill the holes.
- To drill pilot holes for wall anchors, use a 7/32 inch drill bit.
- To make holes for the Ethernet cable, use a 1/2 inch drill bit.
- Insert wall anchors by tapping them into the pilot holes.
- Mount the junction box using the provided screws.
- Feed the Ethernet cable through the junction box and the wall so that part of the cable is on either side of the wall.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the camera.
- Feed excess Ethernet cable through the wall and wrap any leftover cable into the junction box.
- Mount the camera using provided screws.
- Feed any excess Ethernet cable back into the wall. To protect from weather, apply caulking or silicone sealant around the Ethernet cable where it enters the wall.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the port marked “Camera” on the ADC-W100 wireless bridge.
- Open your Bell Smart Home app, scroll down to the camera and touch the symbol to check that the camera is in working order.
- Tilt and turn the camera to aim it at the desired area.