|Included in the box||What you need to provide|
Follow these steps to install your camera.
If applicable, please disarm your security system.
Step 1 - Connect your camera
To ensure a sufficient Wi-Fi signal, plug the camera in a power outlet near its final location before mounting it.
The Add Device wizard in the Bell Smart Home app will walk you through the steps to connect your camera or home automation device to your home network and add the device to your Bell Smart Home service.
To run the Add Device wizard:
- Launch the Bell Smart Home app and log in.
- Touch the menu button on the top-left corner of the screen (3 horizontal lines).
- Select + Add Device and follow the steps.
Note: One of these steps requires you to connect your camera to Wi-Fi. To do so, use the username and password you use to connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Step 2 – Mount your camera
Before you start
- Determine the path that the power cable will take from the camera location (once mounted) to where it will be plugged in. This tells you how long your power cable needs to be and if drilling through walls or ceilings is required.
- Ensure there is no electrical wiring or cables in the areas where you plan to drill or screw.
Typical installation order:
- Use the wall-mounting plate provided to mark the holes for the screws and wall anchors where you want to mount the camera.
- Drill the holes.
- To drill pilot holes for wall anchors, use a 7/32 inch drill bit.
- To make a hole for the power cable, use a 3/8 inch drill bit.
- Insert wall anchors by tapping them into the pilot hole.
- Attach the mounting plate to the wall using the provided screws.
- Attach the camera to mounting plate and secure it with the provided base secure screw.
- Connect the power cable to the camera and plug in the AC adapter to a power outlet.
- Open your Bell Smart Home app, scroll down to the camera and touch the symbol to check that the camera is in working order.
- Tilt and turn the camera to aim it at the desired area.
Important: To protect from the weather when mounting outside, apply caulking or silicone sealant where the power cord runs through the exterior wall.