What can I do with my old mobile phone?
You can return your old phone to Bell for recycling through the Bell Blue Box program. This program provides Canadians with an environmentally responsible way of disposing of their used mobile phones. Bell donates the net proceeds from the Bell Blue Box program to WWF Canada’s Regenerate Canada project.
You can return used mobile phones from all manufacturers to any Bell Store (PDF 864.57 KB). You can also return accessories, batteries and smartphones
You can send your old mobile phone, batteries and accessories by Canada Post free of charge.
- Wrap your phone, accessories and/or batteries in protective material like newspaper.
- Place them in a box and seal it firmly with packing tape.
- Print the label, cut it out and affix it to your package with clear tape. Make sure that the barcode does not wrap around edges or corners. Do not cover up any information on the label.
- Drop the box off at any Canada Post mailbox or postal outlet.
Before you mail or drop off your mobile phone for recycling, please:
- Cancel your mobile service and pay your final bill in full
- Remove the SIM card (if there is one)
To help us protect your personal information, you are encouraged to erase any personal information from your device, including text messages, contacts and personal files. You can use the free Cell Phone Data Eraser by Recycle My Cell to help clear your data. You can also recycle headsets, chargers and batteries. Simply include any accessories with the phone.
You can also recycle headsets, chargers and batteries. Simply include any accessories with the phone.
Please note: phones and accessories cannot be reclaimed once donated to the Bell blue box program.
First, we delete all data from donated phones. We then refurbish phones that are still usable. The remaining phones and accessories are recycled according to Canadian regulations.
Bell donates net proceeds from its recycling program, the Bell Blue Box, to WWF Canada’s Regenerate Canada project.
The Bell Blue Box program diverts hundreds of thousands of mobile phones, along with tonnes of batteries and accessories, from landfills each year (see bce.ca/responsibility for details).
In addition to keeping used electronics out of landfills, Bell donates the annual net proceeds from the Bell Blue Box program to WWF Canada’s Regenerate Canada project.