What is Arlo Go?
You can purchase and activate Bell Connected Car Plug-in online. Build your plan now.
- Visit a Bell store to purchase an Arlo Go camera and a compatible rate plan.
- Insert the Bell SIM card into the Arlo Go camera (if your Bell Sales Representative has not already done so).
- Download the Arlo Go app and then follow the detailed Quick Start Guide (PDF 2.22 MB) to complete the setup.
Note: You do not have to be an existing Bell Mobility customer to activate Bell Connected Car Plug-in.
- Use the “Optimized” or “Best Battery Life” video setting
If you change your Arlo Go’s power management settings to Optimized or Best Battery Life, you will use less data and conserve battery life by reducing your video resolution.
- Ensure you place your Arlo Go camera in a location with optimal signal strength
If your Arlo Go camera has poor mobile signal strength, it might be unable to upload videos to the Arlo cloud on the first attempt. Each additional attempt to upload to the cloud will consume more data.
- Consider setting your video recording length to less than 30 seconds
If you set your Arlo Go camera’s video recording length to less than 30 seconds, you can control the amount of data transmitted and the battery usage per recording. Any movement after 30 seconds will not be recorded under this setting, conserving data and battery usage.
- Limit live streaming to only necessary moments
Be mindful of how often and how long you access the Arlo app and live-stream video. Live-streaming video will use data, just the same as triggered event recordings. Additionally, accessing the Arlo app to view your camera status will use a small amount of data.
Modes allow your Arlo Go cameras to respond differently at specific times. Modes include:
- Armed: All cameras are set to trigger on motion. Cameras record video for 10 seconds by default, and you receive email alerts and push notifications whenever cameras are triggered.
- Schedule: Schedule mode allows your Arlo Go system to enter a mode or modes at the same time every week.
- Disarmed: Cameras do not trigger on sound or motion. No videos are recorded, and you receive no notifications.
If you choose to create your own modes, you can do so by creating a rule or rules that tell your cameras what to do while that mode is active. You can also choose to edit an existing mode.