Try these tips to troubleshoot problems with apps on your device.
Clear the browser temporary files and cookies
- iOS: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Android: Find out how to clear the cache and cookies
Clear the application cache
Clearing the app cache removes temporary files that are stored or retained on the app and can help resolve erratic behaviour. Clearing the app cache does not remove any stored or saved items (e.g. voicemails, pictures, text messages).
Close the application
- iOS: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- To close one app: Swipe up to the middle of your screen, then swipe up on the app.
- To close all apps: Swipe up to the middle of your screen, then swipe from left to right. On the far left, touch Clear all.
Update the problem app
- iOS: Open the App store > Touch Updates > Touch Update All > Enter your password. The apps will begin to update.
- Android: Learn more from Google.
Uninstall and reinstall the application
- iOS: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Android: Find out how to uninstall apps
For Google Chrome users only:
- Launch the Google Chrome app.
- Touch Settings.
- Under Advanced, touch Content settings.
Get more help with apps
Google and Apple offer tips to resolve issues with apps. For example:
- iOS: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open
- Android: Fix an installed Android app that isn’t working
Bell doesn’t support troubleshooting apps unless the problem is determined to be a network-related issue.