1. Scroll to the desired language and touch START.
2. Touch the desired Wi-Fi network.
3. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
4. Touch NEXT.
5. Touch Agree to all.
6. Touch NEXT.
7. Wait while the phone checks for connections.
8. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, touch Email or phone and enter your Google account email address.
Note: a Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
9. Touch NEXT.
10. Enter your Google account password and touch NEXT.
11. Touch ACCEPT.
12. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch the v arrow to scroll down the list.
13. Touch NEXT when you are ready to continue.
14. Touch Donʼt restore.
15. Adjust the date and time if desired and touch NEXT.
16. Touch the desired option to set a screen lock and enable Device Protection. In this example, we will select Set up fingerprint. Touch NEXT.
17. Touch the desired screen lock option (e.g., PIN).
18. Enter your desired PIN and touch CONTINUE.
19. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it and touch OK.
20. Place your finger or thumb over the Home button to start the fingerprint recognition process.
21. Keep placing and lifting your finger on the Home button, following the instructions on the screen, until the scan is complete. When the fingerprint scan is done, you will be asked to select a preference for lock screen notifications.
22. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide content) and touch DONE.
23. Touch NEXT.
24. Sign in to your Samsung account or create a new one. To skip this step, touch the v arrow.
25. Touch SKIP.
26. Again, touch SKIP.
27. Review and change the options if desired.
28. Scroll to and touch FINISH to complete the setup wizard.