1. In your computer's Web Browser, type http://my.mifi in the address bar and press the Enter or Return key. Note: You must already be connected to your Novatel Wireless MiFi 2 in order to access this page.
2. Click Log In.
3. Enter the password, the default is admin.
4. Click Log In.
5. Click Settings.
6. Click Hotspot Settings.
7. Enter the new network name in the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) field.
8. Select the desired 802.11 mode from the 802.11 Mode drop-down menu.
9. Select the desired security from the Wi-Fi Security drop-down menu.
Note: WEP 64 bit is the least secure but the most compatible with other systems. WPA/WPA2 is the most secure but the least compatible with other systems. Choose the most secure protocol that works with the computers and other computing devices you want to connect to your MiFi 2.
10. Enter a new Wi-Fi hotspot password in the Wi-Fi password (key) field. This will be the password that you will need to use when connecting a phone, laptop, etc. to the MiFi 2.
11. Select the maximum number of Wi-Fi connections from the Maximum Wi-Fi connected devices drop-down menu.