1. Scroll to the desired language and touch the Next icon.
2. The Motorola Moto X Play will scan for Wi-Fi networks and display a list. To connect to Wi-Fi, touch the Wi-Fi network name and enter the network password. To skip this step, touch SKIP.
3. Read the privacy settings information and touch ACCEPT AND CONTINUE.
4. The Motorola Moto X Play will check for software updates. If an update is available, you can follow the on-screen prompts to install it. To skip this step, touch SKIP.
5. If you have another Android device, you can copy its settings to your Motorola Moto X Play. For this option, follow the prompts on the phone. For a new setup, select No thanks and touch NEXT.
6. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, enter your Google account email address and touch NEXT.
Note: A Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
7. Enter your Google account password and touch NEXT.
8. Touch ACCEPT.
9. Review the options and uncheck any Google services that you don't want. Touch the v arrow to see more.
10. Touch NEXT when you are ready to continue.
11. Touch the desired payment option (e.g., Remind me later) and touch NEXT.
12. If you have data backed up from another Android device, you can use it to set up your Motorola Moto X Play with the same apps, data and settings. Select the device source and apps, or select Set up as new device, and touch NEXT.
13. Touch NEXT to enable Device Protection.
14. Touch the desired screen lock option (e.g., PIN).
15. Enter a PIN and touch the > arrow.
16. Confirm your PIN, then touch >.
17. Touch the desired notification option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content) and touch NEXT.
18. Review the Google Now information. Touch the v arrow to see more.
19. To activate Google Now, touch NEXT. To skip it, touch Skip and touch NEXT.
20. Touch GOT IT.
21. The setup wizard is complete and the home screen appears.