1. Scroll to the desired language and touch the Next icon.
2. The Motorola Moto G (3rd Generation) will automatically scan for available networks and display them. Either touch SKIP or touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password for the desired network.
3. Touch ACCEPT AND CONTINUE.
4. The Motorola Moto G (3rd Generation) will check for any software updates that may be available, touch SKIP to continue.
5. Set up your existing Google account or create a new Google account. For this example, enter your email address from an existing Google account, then touch NEXT.
Note: Your Motorola Moto G (3rd Generation) uses your Google account to fully utilize its Android features, including Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and the Google Play Store.
6. Enter your password, then touch NEXT.
7. Touch ACCEPT.
8. Touch the desired option (e.g., Remind me later) and then touch NEXT.
9. Touch SET SCREEN LOCK NOW to enable Device Protection. Otherwise touch SKIP to skip screen lock setup and Device protection.
10. Select from the choice of Pattern, PIN or Password lock. In the following example a PIN will be used.
11. Enter your desired PIN and click >.
12. Confirm your PIN and click >.
13. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content) and touch NEXT.
14. Set up your Google service settings, then touch MORE to view more settings.