1. When facing the front of the LG V20, the release button for the back cover is on the bottom right of the phone.
2. Press the button to release the back cover of the phone.
3. If the battery is already in the phone, you need to remove it before inserting the SIM card. Using your thumb or finger, lift up the battery via the small notch at the bottom of the battery compartment.
4. With the metal contacts facing down, slide the SIM card into the SIM card slot.
5. If you want to add a microSD card, slide it into the slot above the SIM card slot.
6. Line up the gold contacts on the battery with the contacts on the phone. Insert the top part of the battery first, then push it into place.