I’m having trouble making or receiving calls on my smartphone
Try these tips to troubleshoot problems with making or receiving voice calls.
Reboot your phone
Turn your device off and on or perform a soft reset. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device unless the battery is very low.
- iOS: Press and hold the power button until the slider appears > Slide right. Allow several seconds for the device to power off. Wait 10 seconds and then press the power button to turn the phone back on.
Note: iPhone X requires you to press and hold Power and volume up to power off.
- Android: Press and hold the power button > Touch Restart > Touch Restart again.
Try making a test call
Dial *2355 from your smartphone.
- If you hear a recording saying your test call is successful, then your phone can make a voice call.
- If you hear a recording saying “To activate your Bell Mobility phone...,” please visit your nearest Bell store for assistance.
If you’re having trouble receiving calls, test your smartphone by calling it from another phone.
Check your phone’s settings
If you’re not sure how to check these settings, visit our phone support page and select your phone model to consult your user guide.
- Make sure airplane mode is off. Find out how
- Check that your ringer volume is loud enough and that the phone is not set to silent or vibrate only.
- Make sure that no call blocking features are enabled, such as Do not Disturb.
- Check that Call Forwarding is not turned on. Find out how
- Make sure your phone is not set to auto answer.
- Ensure your network mode is set to global or automatic.
- This option may differ depending on your device.
- Third party power savers or LTE on/off applications may affect this setting.
Confirm network coverage
Use our coverage map to find your location and confirm that you have coverage.
Try moving outside
Some buildings and houses can create interference in the mobile network. Try using your phone outside to see if that is the cause.
Disconnect any headphones, speakers or other accessories and test your phone again. If the problem is resolved, troubleshoot the accessory directly.
If the problem persists, please contact us for further assistance.