8. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. A Google account is needed to use certain features such as Device Protection and Google Play Store. To sign in, touch Email or phone and enter your Google account email address.
9. Touch NEXT.
10. Enter your Google account password.
11. Touch NEXT.
12. Touch ACCEPT.
13. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Scroll down for more.
14. Touch NEXT.
15. To restore apps and settings from a previous device, select the required option. To set up as a new device, scroll to and touch Donʼt restore.
16. Adjust the date and time if desired and touch NEXT.
17. Touch NEXT.
18. Touch SET UP SCREEN LOCK.
19. Touch the type of screen lock you want to use. In this example, a PIN will be used.
20. Enter your desired PIN.
21. Touch CONTINUE.
22. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it.
23. Touch OK.
24. Touch the desired option, e.g., Hide sensitive notification content.
25. Touch NEXT.
26. Touch v.
27. Touch NEXT.
28. If you see this screen, select the apps you want to install and follow the on-screen instructions, otherwise touch FINISH.