8. To restore apps and settings from a previous device, select the required option. To set up as a new device, touch No thanks.
9. Touch NEXT.
10. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. A Google account is needed to use certain features such as Device Protection and Google Play Store. To sign in, touch Email or phone and enter your Google account email address.
11. Touch NEXT.
12. Enter your Google account password.
13. Touch NEXT.
14. Touch ACCEPT.
15. A list of options will appear and you can touch the checkboxes to enable or disable them. Scroll down for more.
16. Touch NEXT.
17. Touch the desired payment option (e.g., Remind me later) and touch NEXT.
18. Touch SET UP SCREEN LOCK to enable Device Protection. Otherwise, touch SKIP FOR NOW to skip screen lock setup and Device Protection.
19. Touch the type of screen lock you want to use. In this example, a PIN will be used.