If your BlackBerry smartphone becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset.
- Before resetting your phone, turn it off and then on again. This may fix some issues. If your phone wonʼt turn off, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons until the Blackberry logo appears on the screen.
- Hold the power button for 10 seconds to force reset.
- Press the Power button.
You can see how much memory has been used, and how much is available, on your Blackberry smartphone.
- Touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to Storage for a short summary. To view more information, touch Storage.
- The storage details are displayed.
Find the phone number of the SIM card in your Blackberry smartphone.
- Touch Apps.
- Scroll to and Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch System.
- Scroll to and touch About phone.
- Touch Status.
- Touch SIM status.
- The phone number is displayed.
Follow these steps to insert a SIM card into your Blackberry smartphone. You can also insert a memory card (microSD card) for additional storage space.
- When facing the front of the BlackBerry smartphone, the SIM/memory card slot is on the left side..
- Insert the SIM removal tool (included in the box the phone came in) and push to eject the SIM/memory card tray.
- Remove the SIM/memory card tray
- With the metal contacts facing down, insert the SIM card into the smaller section of the tray.
- If you want to add a microSD card, insert the microSD card into the larger section of the tray.
- Re-insert the SIM/memory card tray and push until it clicks into place.