1. Scroll to the desired language and touch the Next icon.
2. The PRIV™ by BlackBerry® will automatically scan for available networks and display them. Either touch SKIP or touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password for the desired network.
3. The PRIV™ by BlackBerry® will check for any software updates that may be available. Touch SKIP to continue.
4. Read the Tap & Go information, then touch SKIP.
5. Set up your existing Google account or create a new Google account. For this example, enter your email address from an existing Google account, then touch NEXT.
Note: Your PRIV™ by BlackBerry® uses your Google account to fully utilize its Android features, including Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and the Google Play Store.
6. Enter your password, then touch NEXT.
7. Touch ACCEPT.
8. Touch the desired option (e.g., Remind me later) and then touch NEXT.
9. You can restore from a backup of another device or set up as a new phone. After selecting the device source and apps, touch NEXT.
10. Touch SET SCREEN LOCK NOW to enable Device Protection. Otherwise touch SKIP to skip screen lock setup and Device protection.
11. Select from the choice of Pattern, Picture, PIN or Password lock. In the following example a PIN will be used.
12. Touch NEXT.
13. Enter your desired PIN, then touch Next.
14. Confirm your PIN, then touch Next.
15. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content) and then touch NEXT.
16. Set up your Google service settings, then touch MORE to view more settings.
17. Touch NEXT.
18. The PRIV™ by BlackBerry® will start restoring data associated with your Google account. For example, previously used games and applications.
19. Read the License Agreement, then touch NEXT.
20. Touch OK.
21. Touch NEXT.
22. Touch TRANSFER NOW to move your data from your old phone to your PRIV™ by BlackBerry®. Otherwise touch SKIP.