If your Apple iPhone becomes unresponsive or doesn’t perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state. If you donʼt have iTunes on your computer, youʼll need to download and install it.
Warning: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings.
You should perform a manual shut down of your iPhone before starting this process to confirm that a factory reset is required. Some issues can be addressed by powering off and on your iPhone.
- Ensure your iPhone is powered off.
- Plug the USB cable into the iPhone and computer.
- On your computer, start iTunes.
- On your iPhone, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the (SIDE) Power button until you see connected to iTunes screen on your iPhone.
- On the computer, when prompted that there is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored, click Restore.
- Review the warning that explains what it means to reset your phone to its factory default.
- Click Restore and Update
- iTunes will begin to restore the setting to factory default on the iPhone.
- Your iPhone has been restored (reset) successfully.
Note: For iPhone SE, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus reset instructions please visit Apple support