If your Apple iPad becomes unresponsive or doesn’t perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state. If you donʼt have iTunes on your computer, youʼll need to download and install it.
Warning: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings.
You should perform a manual shut down of your iPad before starting this process to confirm that a factory reset is required. Some issues can be addressed by powering off and on your iPad.
- Ensure your iPad is powered off.
- Insert the USB cord, then hold the Menu button while connecting the iPad to iTunes.
- When prompted that iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode, click OK.
- Click Restore.
- Click Restore and Update.
- iTunes will begin to restore the setting to factory default on the iPad.
- Your iPad has been restored (reset) successfully.