Before returning your iPhone to Bell, you need to sign out of iCloud and erase your iPhone. This helps to protect your personal information by making sure your data can’t be reloaded to the phone.
If you can use your iPhone
- Back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes.
- Tap Settings > iCloud. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. (In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.)
- Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My iPhone and enter your password.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My iPhone, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it, then tap Erase iPhone.
If your iPhone isn’t working or you have already returned it
We recommend that you erase your iPhone remotely, which will also turn off iCloud.
- Go to icloud.com/find and log in using your Apple ID.
- Click All Devices, then select the iPhone that you have returned to Bell.
- Click Erase iPhone, then enter your Apple ID password.
- If the iPhone is offline, the remote erase will begin the next time it’s online. You’ll receive an email when the iPhone is erased.
- When the iPhone is erased, click Remove from Account.