Advanced Messaging is available automatically within the default messaging app on the following smartphones:
- Samsung Galaxy Note8, Note9, Note10,Note10+
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017), A8, A20, A50, A70
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime, J3 (2018)
- More devices to be added in the future
Advanced Messaging also requires:
- A post-paid Bell Mobility rate plan (e.g., a Share plan) with data and text messaging enabled
- A Bell LTE SIM card
- Advanced Messaging network coverage (same coverage area as Voice and Video over LTE)
- Voice and Video over LTE enabled on the smartphone (already enabled by default)
To use Advanced Messaging, both parties must have Advanced Messaging available on their smartphones. Messages are sent automatically in the format available, i.e., messages to a non-Advanced Messaging phone will default to SMS/MMS. The experience is seamless to you – all messages will still appear in the same inbox and conversation history.
To see if you’re using Advanced Messaging, look for enhanced delivery notifications in your conversation history (e.g., delivered, read, if the other party is typing).
For Samsung Galaxy Note8, S7 and newer, A5 (2017), A8, J3 Prime and J3 (2018)
For Samsung Galaxy S9/9+