Welcome to Bell Prepaid
Thank you for choosing a Bell Prepaid device. Once you’ve activated it, top up your account to start talking, texting and surfing the web. At the time of activation, you will be given a mobile phone number. This is also your account number. Please remember to store this information in a safe place.
If you have not activated your prepaid phone yet, please visit the activation page.
To keep your account active, simply ensure you have enough funds in your Prepaid account before your anniversary date. Any unused funds will carry over to the next month.
Missed a top-up? Top up within seven days following your expiry date and your unused minutes will be restored.
How Prepaid works
If you subscribe to a pay-per-use plan:
- You will need to add funds to your account to allow you make pay-per-use calls and allow you to use additional services, like text messaging.
If you subscribe to a monthly plan:
- On your anniversary date, funds will be withdrawn from your Prepaid account to pay for your monthly plan and add-ons.
- Prior to your anniversary date, you will receive a free text message reminding you of the amount owing and when payment is due.
- Ensure you add enough funds in advance of your anniversary date to cover the cost of your services.
- After you've paid for your services, you'll get immediate access to them.
Topping up your account
Topping up your Prepaid account is easy. We offer both automatic and manual ways for you to add funds to your Prepaid account. Just pick the option that fits you best and we’ll take care of the rest:
Pre-authorized top up
To top up your account automatically there are three pre-authorized options:
Bonus: Get up to 500 MB bonus data per month when you sign up for Allowance or Automatic Allowance top up on eligible plans.* ($7/mo. plan excluded).
* Bonus data available upon registering for Allowance or Automatic Allowance top-up. Offer available to new customers or existing customers changing their plan after February 4, 2020. The bonus data will be applied to your account monthly after each successful Allowance or Automatic Allowance top-up and total monthly charge (plan and add-ons) payment for each month, so long as your account is in good standing and continues to meet the bonus data requirements.
Manual Top Up:
Prepaid top up cards and top up PINs can be purchased at thousands of locations across Canada, including grocery stores and pharmacies.
$15 minimum top-up. Allow 48 hours.
Managing your Prepaid account
The total monthly charges include your plan, your features, 9-1-1 fees and taxes. Your anniversary date is the date when your plan resets to full amount of minutes. Prior to this date, you'll get a free text message reminding you to top up to cover these charges. Make sure you have sufficient funds by midnight the day before your anniversary date.
If you don't have enough funds in your Prepaid balance on your anniversary date to pay for your monthly services, you will be moved to a pay-per-use rate for calls and texts. Once you add enough funds to your account, your regular monthly services will be reactivated. If you have a data service, however, it will be put on hold until you top up and pay for your service. NOTE: It can take up to 24 hours to reactivate your data service, once it has been suspended.
When you do top up, a prorated charge will be withdrawn from your account balance to pay for the remainder of the billing period. For example, if you top up 15 days after your anniversary date, you'll only be billed for the 15 days left.
If you subscribe to a monthly plan or add-on, it's a good idea to keep your account balance a little higher than your monthly fee, in case you make any long-distance calls or use more minutes or more data than is included within your plan. If your balance reaches $0, your service may be temporarily suspended.
Manage your account 24/7
You can manage your account, including checking your balance, topping up your account or changing your features, at any time on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
On your computer or tablet, you can manage your prepaid account in MyBell:
- Log in to MyBell.
- Select My services at the top of the page. If you have more than one Mobility service, select the phone you’d like to check.
- On the Overview tab, your balance is displayed under My prepaid account.
Navigate in MyBell to see more options such as topping up your account or adding a feature.
On your smartphone, you can manage your prepaid account using the MyBell app:
- Log in to the MyBell app.
- Your balance is displayed on the main screen.
- Touch My balance details to see your balance as well as your funds' expiry date.
Navigate in the app to see more options such as topping up your account or adding a feature.