Video Analytics can be configured to detect when an object lingers in a specific area or when an object passes through a specific point.
When to use a ground zone rule
Use a ground zone rule when the object to be recorded lingers in a specific area for too long. Verify that the ground zone is fitted to the ground or floor where the object's feet will be.
When to use a tripwire rule
Use a tripwire rule when the object to be recorded passes through a specific point. Verify that the tripwire is placed where the object's feet or wheels will cross.
- Avoid intersecting tripwires or overlapping ground zones with objects that are prone to movements, such as trees, bushes or other objects that move in the wind.
Only draw the rule where the feet or wheels of an object should cross.
- Do not increase the size of the loiter zone or tripwire to cover the whole of the target.
- Do not include furniture, walls, trees, or other structures in the rule/selection.
After observing what the rule detects over a few days, consider
adjusting either the Minimum Object Detection Size slider or
recalibrating the camera. When adjusting the Minimum Object Detection Size slider:
- Increasing the minimum object size can reduce false detections.
- Decreasing the minimum object size can detect smaller targets.
When adjusting the Minimum Object Detection Size slider: