You may be able to bring your mobile phone or smartphone to Bell. Assuming you're in a position to move to Bell, there are three things you'll need to ensure:
- Your device must be compatible with at least one of the following bands:
- UMTS: band 2 or 5
- LTE: band 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13 or 17
- If your device is currently locked, it needs to be unlocked.
The device has not been reported lost or stolen. We recommend you purchase your device from an authorized retailer.
If you unknowingly purchase a phone that is on the national list of lost or stolen mobile devices, it cannot be used on the Bell network. Learn more.
Bell’s terms of service, prohibit tampering with a device’s IMEI.
Once you've purchased a Bell SIM card:
- Insert your SIM card into your mobile phone or smartphone.
- Activate your service:
- If you use your phone for web browsing or multimedia messaging (picture and video messaging), you’ll also need to configure the browser and messaging settings.
If your device is not compatible, check out the latest selection of Bell mobile phones and smartphones.