If you have a problem with your McAfee® Security from Bell software, install the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) tool to automatically identify and fix it.
When you run MVT, it:
- Scans the computer
- Diagnoses and fixes problems
- Replaces missing or corrupted registry keys
- Restarts any stopped McAfee services
- Checks for known issues and missing update packages
Installing and running MVT
- Launch your web browser and go to http://mvt.mcafee.com.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next. If you see the message McAfee Virtual Technician not found, click Next again.
- Click Run on the file download dialog box, and click Run a second time if prompted by Windows.
NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users may be prompted to allow the application to run. Click Yes in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Click I Agree to begin the installation.
- Choose when and how often you want MVT to run automated scans.
- Click Finish.
- When the MVT initialization is done, click Next.
- MVT will automatically download any updates that it requires and then scan your McAfee products.
When the scan is complete, MVT will display the results. If no problems are found, click Continue, complete the optional survey, and click Close.
If MVT detects any issues with your McAfee software, you have two options:
- AutoFix - Allow MVT to attempt to fix the problems
- Get More Detail - View information about the problems and then decide how you want to resolve them.
To use the AutoFix option:
- Select AutoFix and click Next.
- Allow MVT to run the Resolving Issues process.
- Complete the optional survey and click Close.
If MVT was unable to resolve the problem, contact Bell Internet Technical support at 310-SURF (7873).
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.