Internet safety for children
Guide your children to safe, trusted websites. Teach them not to give out their real name, age, address or phone number online.
Ask your kids to show you what they’re doing online, and discuss their Internet experiences with them.
Don’t allow your children to use computers unsupervised.
Teach your kids to think carefully and critically about Internet “friends” and information.
Learn which sites your children want to use and decide which are safe to visit and with whom they can chat or email.
- Only use nicknames online, not real names
- Never give out personal information online
- Alert a parent if they receive inappropriate material or messages
- Delete emails from strangers, and never agree to meet someone in person that they’ve met on the Internet
- Never accept files or downloads from people they don’t know