Accessing Bell email via smartphone, tablet or computer
We highly recommend using web-based Bell email, to make the most of its many features. Learn more about Bell email.
However, you can configure Bell email to work with your email software using either POP or IMAP settings. We recommend using IMAP because it provides useful functions, such as syncing your folders and messages across multiple devices.
Setting up Bell email on your smartphone or tablet
You can add a variety of email accounts to your smartphone or tablet, including personal and work email. In this example, we show you how to add a Bell email address (@bell.net and @sympatico.ca) using the IMAP settings.
Follow these steps to set up email.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Passwords & Accounts.
- Touch Add Account.
- Touch Other.
- Touch Add Mail account.
- Enter your name, email address and password and touch Next.
- Open the Gmail app and navigate to the Settings section.
- Touch Add account.
- Touch Personal (IMAP) and then Next.
- Enter your full email address and touch Next.
- Enter the password for your email address and touch Next
Note: Settings can vary by device. For more information, contact your device manufacturer.
REMEMBER: If the email account details are automatically recognized, the account will be added. Otherwise, follow the steps to set up the account manually.
- Supported email software: Learn how to add an email account to an email client.
Unsupported email software:
If your email software is not listed, you can attempt to set it up yourself using the support options offered by your software manufacturer.
You’ll need your Bell email address and password, plus one of the following server settings. We recommend using IMAP.