How to install Whole Home Wi-Fi pods
You can use the Bell Wi-Fi app to install your pods if you subscribe to the Whole Home Wi-Fi service from Bell. To do so:
- The first time you log in to the app, select Install pods. Or, if you’ve used the app before, log in and select the + on the home screen.
- Review the installation tips.
- Plug in the pods around your home.
Follow these installation tips for best performance:
- Space the pods evenly
Your pods work as a team, so they need to be close enough to communicate with one another. Try to space them evenly, about 5 to 10 metres apart.
- Keep the pods in the open
Avoid obstacles between pods that may create interference, such as kitchen appliances, metallic waste bins and metal filing cabinets. Ideally, place them along the interior walls separating the rooms rather than exterior walls.
- Stay close while pods connect
Keep your mobile device near your pods as you plug them around your home. The Bell Wi-Fi app will then confirm they have connected wirelessly
Note: After you’ve installed your pods or adjusted their locations, please allow the system 24 to 36 hours to optimize itself for best performance.