To configure Bell Internet Dial-up service with Windows Vista you’ll need:
- Your Bell Internet user ID and password. Your user ID looks like b1xxxxxx
- Your Dial-up service phone number
Before you begin, please ensure your modem has been connected properly and is turned on.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel (or click Start, Settings and then Control Panel).
- Click Classic View, if you’re not already in Classic View.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Set up a dial-up connection and then click Next.
- In the Dial-up phone number box, type your Bell Internet Dial-up phone number including area code. In the User name box, type your Bell Internet user ID, and in the Password box, type your access password. In the Connection name box, type Bell Internet. Click Create.
- You may be asked to enter information about your location. If so, enter the required information and then click OK. Click OK again.
- You’ll see a message that says The connection to the Internet is ready to use. Click Close.
To connect to Bell Internet service:
- Click Start then click Connect to.
- Click Bell Internet and then click Connect.
- A dial-up window will appear. Click Dial.
To disconnect from Bell Internet service:
- Click the connection icon in the notification area at the bottom of your screen.
- Click Connect or disconnect.
- Click Bell Internet and then click Disconnect.