If your phone doesn’t ring when people call you, even though the caller hears ringing, try the following:
- Ensure the ringer volume on your phone is turned up.
- Unplug all your phones and devices from every phone jack on your line (phones, answering machines, fax machines, modems, splitters, etc).
- Wait at least 60 seconds, then plug in a basic corded phone.
- Use your mobile phone to call your home phone or have someone else call. If your phone rings, plug in another device and then try calling again. If your phone rings, continue plugging in the rest of your devices, checking if the phone rings after each one.
- If your phone does not ring after plugging in a device, unplug it. It may be causing the problem and you should have it checked.