Replacing my home phone battery - Installing the new battery
Before you begin, make sure you examine the new battery carefully and inspect it for any cracking, leaking or swelling. If you notice any evidence of damage, do not use the battery and contact us.
- Pick up the new battery and remove the protective cap by sliding it off the red positive terminal. The protective cap on the black terminal is permanent and should not be removed. This permanent protective cap prevents the possibility of creating a short circuit between the battery poles.
- Connect the red wire clip in the battery unit to the positive red terminal of the new battery. Be careful to ensure you connect the correct wire to the correct terminal of the battery. There is a danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly connected.
- Connect the black wire clip in the battery unit to the negative black terminal of the new battery.
- Insert your new battery into the battery compartment and close the latch. Then, ensure the wires are clear and not pinched by the door before closing.
- For safety, place the protective cap that was removed from the new battery, on the old battery. This will prevent the possibility of creating a short circuit between the battery poles. Please ensure there are protective caps on both poles before shipping the battery back to Bell.
- Plug in the same power supply that you unplugged in Step 1A. Once the battery has been successfully replaced, the low battery/replace battery indicator will turn off. If you have Model B or C, you may need to press the cold start button.