Turning on Call Forwarding
- Dial *72 (or 1172 on rotary phones).
- Listen for three beeps followed by dial tone.
- Dial the phone number to which your calls are to be forwarded.
- If there's an answer at the number you are forwarding to: Make sure you keep the line open for at least 5 seconds to activate the service.
If there is no answer or if you get a busy signal: Wait for 3 seconds, hang up and then repeat steps 1 to 4, one more time, to activate the service.
If you’re using a Home Hub 3000 modem for phone service:
- Dial *72.
- When prompted, enter the destination phone number (the number to forward your calls to) followed by the # key.
- Listen for the message confirming that Call Forwarding has been activated.