We do not provide personal information to any party outside of our family of companies except in limited circumstances in which it is necessary for us to do so or if you have otherwise given consent. The third parties may we may provide with personal information include:
- Our agents acting on our behalf, such as a company hired to perform installation work on our behalf.
- Another communications service provider, in order to offer efficient and effective communications services (e.g., to provide mobile service while roaming in another company's coverage area) or as required by law.
- A collection agency, for the express purpose of the collection of past due bills.
When we provide personal information to third parties, we give only the information that is required under the specific circumstances. That information is used only for the purpose stated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality. The employees of the companies that we share this information with must meet and respect our privacy standards.
Directory listing information
Pursuant to federal legislation, publicly available information (including a directory listing of your name, address, email address and telephone number), may be collected, used and disclosed by organizations without your consent.
If you prefer not to have your listing information provided to select organizations, please contact us.
Sharing information among our companies
Occasionally we may share information between our companies to help understand your information, communication and entertainment needs, and to provide you with relevant information to meet those needs. Sensitive personal health information will not be shared between our companies.
To manage your communications preferences: bell.ca/marketingpreferences
Legal and emergency exceptions
In certain urgent circumstances, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent. For example:
- During the investigation of potential fraud, a breach of an agreement or the breaking of provincial or federal laws.
- If we' re asked to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order or other lawful request.
- If there is an emergency where someone' s life, health or security is threatened.