We do not usually provide personal information to any party outside of the Bell Companies. However, there are limited circumstances in which it is necessary for us to do so. These third parties may include:
- An agent acting on behalf of Bell, such as a company hired to perform installation work on our behalf.
- Another communications service provider, in order to offer efficient and effective communications services (e.g., to provide mobile service while roaming in another company's coverage area) or as required by law.
- A collection agency, for the express purpose of the collection of past due bills.
When we provide personal information to third parties, we give only that information that is required under the specific circumstances. That information is used only for the purpose stated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality. The employees of the companies that we share this information with must meet and respect our privacy standards.
Opt out: I don’t want my information shared with outside organizations.If you prefer not to have your listing information provided to outside organizations, please call us at 1 866 310-BELL (2355) or visit our contact us section for more options.
Among the Bell CompaniesOccasionally we may share information between the Bell Companies to help understand your information, communication and entertainment needs, and to provide you with relevant information to meet those needs.
Opt in: I give my permission to share my information among the Bell Companies:You can give us your permission online to share information among the Bell Companies.
Opt out: I don’t want my information shared among the Bell Companies.
If you don't want your information shared among the Bell companies, call us at 1 866 310-BELL (2355) or visit our contact us section for more options.
Please note that when you choose to opt in or opt out, it may take us up to 30 days to update our databases.
Legal and emergency exceptions
It’s important to note that in certain circumstances, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent. For example:
- If you are breaking provincial or federal laws.
- If we are asked to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.
- If there is an emergency where someone’s life, health or security is threatened.