Replacing the batteries in your remote control
Check that the batteries in the remote are correctly inserted, or replace them. Your remote batteries may be weak and need replacing if you have to press the POWER button more than once to turn your Bell Satellite TV receiver on or off, or if you have to move closer to the receiver for the remote to work.
To replace the batteries in your remote:
- Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote.
- Remove and safely discard the old batteries.
- Insert fresh AAA-size batteries following the diagram in the battery compartment.
- Replace the cover.
Tips on replacing remote batteries:
The remote control uses AAA batteries.
When installing or replacing batteries:
- Be sure to remove all the old batteries. Never mix new and old batteries.
- Make sure that all the batteries being used are of the same kind (never mix Alkaline, Lithium, NI-MH or Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries with each other).
- When installing new batteries, be sure to match the plus (+) ends of the batteries with the orientation as shown inside the remote.
If you have replaced the batteries and have tried to program your remote and you are still unsuccessful. You may need to replace your remote. Learn how.