1. SAT/TV/VCR/AUX: These buttons let you select which device the remote will control.
2. POWER buttons: The larger red button is the power button for the SAT, TV, VCR or AUX currently selected. The smaller red button is the power button for your TV.
3. MENU: Displays the menu for the device you are controlling.
4. TV/VIDEO: Changes your TV's video modes.
5. PAGE UP/DOWN: Lets you navigate through the programming guide one page at a time. On HD-capable receivers, when watching a program you can use these buttons to change the picture format.
6. VOLUME: Increases or decreases the volume of your TV or surround sound system.
7. MUTE: Mutes the volume.
8. GUIDE: Displays the programming guide.
9. SELECT: Confirms a selection.
10. Arrow buttons: Changes the channel and lets you navigate through the programming guide. When watching a program, the right arrow (BROWSE) brings up the browse banner and the left arrow (THEME) lets you search for programs by theme.
11. RECALL: Returns you to the last channel you were watching.
12. INFO: Displays program information for the current program. If you're in the programming guide or browse screen, it will display the information for the highlighted program.
13. VIEW LIVE TV: Returns you to live TV from almost any menu.
14. CANCEL: Returns you to the previous menu and lets you clear certain on-screen messages.
15. PVR: When pressed once, displays the My Recordings page. When pressed a second time, displays your daily schedule.
16. SKIP BACK: Skips the program you're watching back by 10 seconds.
17. SKIP FWD: Skips forward by 30 seconds when watching a pre-recorded program.
18. BACK/FWD: Let you rewind or fast forward a program at speeds of up to 300x.
19. STOP: Stops a recorded event from playing. If you're watching a live program and have paused it, STOP takes you back to live TV.
20. PLAY: Plays a paused recording or a recording from the My Recordings list.
21. PAUSE: Pauses and unpauses a recorded or live program.
22. RECORD: Records a program instantly, or lets you set up a recurring event timer.
23. Numbered buttons: Lets you enter a channel number in the programming guide or while watching a program. The numbered buttons can also be used to navigate within the MENU by pressing the number that matches the option you want to select.
24. # (Pound): Displays the search menu. From there, you can search for a program by title or keywords.
25. * (Star): On HD-capable receivers, this lets you change the zoom mode of the channel you're watching.