Advanced Messaging is the next generation of messaging available over the Bell LTE network and while roaming in the U.S.
Advanced Messaging builds on traditional text messaging (SMS) and picture/video messaging (MMS) by adding a variety of new features, including:
- Messages up to 8000 characters
- File transfers to support high-quality pictures, longer videos and additional file types (e.g., PDF, XLS, ZIP)
- Group chats with up to 100 participants
- Enhanced delivery notifications to show if your message has been delivered or read, and if the other party is typing
- Unified inbox that merges all Advanced Messaging, SMS and MMS messages with the same contact into one conversation history
If you have an Android device (non- Samsung) running OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, check out Messages by Google.