Mobile operating systems
For optimal performance, ensure your device has the most up-to-date software.
iOS 12.5 lets you opt-in to the COVID-19 Exposure Notifications system for your iPhone:
- System availability depends on support from your local public health authority
- For more information, see covid19.apple.com/contacttracing
- Dual SIM support enables 5G connectivity on the line that's using cellular data on iPhone 12 models
- Smart Data Mode improvements further optimize your experience on 5G networks for better battery life and data usage on iPhone 12 models
- 5G international roaming enabled on iPhone 12 models
Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch Series 3 and later when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
AirTag and Find My
- Support for AirTag to keep track of and find your important items like your keys, wallet, backpack and more, privately and securely in the Find My app
- Group FaceTime calls are supported by asking Siri to FaceTime a list of contacts or a group name from Messages
- Emergency contacts can be called by asking Siri
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch General.
- Touch Software Update.
- The software version will be displayed.
- If an update is available, touch Download and Install.
- Read the terms and conditions and touch Agree.
- Touch Agree.
- Wait for the update to download.
- Your iPhone will restart to complete the update.