Mobile operating systems
For optimal performance, ensure your device has the most up-to-date software.
- Touch Settings
- Touch System
- Scroll to and touch About phone
- Touch Software info
- The software version is displayed.
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Redesigned notifications for easier management
- Notification dots appear on app icons and folders for notifications that haven’t been dismissed or acted on
- Notification channels (categories) allow for greater customization
- Snooze notifications to reappear later
- Picture-in-Picture mode allows for more multitasking
- Improved Autofill feature saves time and minimizes errors when filling out forms
- Android Security patches.
- Swipe up or down to view Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch Software Update. (A bold “N” next to “Software Update” indicates that a new version is available.)
- Touch Download and Install.
- The phone will check for updates. Touch Download to begin the update.