Mobile operating systems
Apple Watch Series 3 - Aluminum case
For optimal performance, ensure your device has the most up-to-date software.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > About.
- The software version will be displayed.
Digital car keys
- Unlock, lock, and start your compatible car with your iPhone
- Securely remove digital keys from a lost device via iCloud
- Share digital keys easily with iMessage
- Driver-specific profiles so you can configure shared keys for full-access or restricted driving
- Power reserve lets you unlock and start your car for up to five hours after iPhone runs out of battery
- New category for symptoms in the Health app, including symptoms logged from Cycle Tracking and ECG
- Ability to log new symptoms, like fever, chills, sore throat or coughing, and share them with third-party apps
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is on its charger and is at least 50 percent charged.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Keep your iPhone next to your Apple Watch, so that they're in range.
- Keep your Apple Watch on its charger until the update completes.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Download the update. If asked for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, enter it.
- Wait for the progress wheel to appear on your Apple Watch. It could take from several minutes to an hour for the update to complete.
- Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes. Don't restart your iPhone or Apple Watch, and don't quit the Apple Watch app. When the update completes, your Apple Watch will restart on its own.