- Follow the instructions in your user guide to install a Bell SIM card into your device.
- Turn the device on.
Note: the following instructions do not apply to Apple devices.
- On your device, go to the Settings menu and navigate to Access Point Names.
- Edit or create a new Access Point Name and enter the following information:
- Name: Bell Mobility
- APN: pda.bell.ca
- MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms.wapenc
- MCC: 302
- MNC: 610
- APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4
For some devices, the following extra steps may be required to configure the browser settings:
- Launch your device's Web browser.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Under Browser Connection, select the new APN profile that you just created.
- Enter the following information:
- Proxy server: web.wireless.bell.ca
- Port: 80
For some devices, the following extra steps may be required to configure the MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) settings:
- Launch your device's Messaging app.
- Navigate to the Multimedia Messaging settings.
- Select the Message Centre or MMS gateway option.
- Enter the following in the Message Centre/MMS gateway field:
- MMSC URL: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
If you require further assistance, please contact us.
How to check your APN settings
- Please refer to your device’s user guide for instructions on how to check your APN settings.
- User guides are available for download at: bell.ca/userguides
Is your APN setting correct?
- Your default APN should be: inet.bell.ca
- If your APN is different, please see your user guide for instructions on how to change the APN settings.
Note: if you subscribe to Public - Static/Dynamic IP service or have a rural Internet plan, your APN settings may be different. Please contact us for details.