I can't connect to the Internet (Windows 10 computer)
If you're having problems with your Internet connection, including error messages such as "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration", here are some things you can try in Windows 10.
- Make sure your modem is on and all of the cables are connected securely. The Power and Internet lights should be lit and, depending on the modem type, other lights should be lit as well (e.g., WAN, upload, download).
- Restart your computer. To do that, select the Start button > Power button > Restart. (Make sure you select Restart, not Shut down.)
If you still can't connect to the Internet, you can refresh your computer's Internet connection (TCP/IP) by following these steps:
- Select the Start
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, right-click on Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes the problem. If you're prompted to restart your computer during any of the commands, please do so.
- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.