Isolate the inside wiring problem
- Locate your wire distribution device (connector block) at your demarcation point.
- Disconnect one pair of wires from the distribution device.
- Check to see if your service has been restored at other jack locations in your home.
- Continue disconnecting wire pairs, one pair at a time, to determine which wire is causing the trouble.
- Once you have isolated the problem circuit, we suggest you replace the entire section of wire that is defective or the jack, if it is causing the problem.
If you are unable to repair or isolate an inside wire problem yourself, call our repair department at 6-1-1 from a Bell landline.