1. My Bell Home phone is not working
Before you begin: Make sure your phone is not off the hook. If you are using a cordless phone, make sure the battery is working and charged. Confirm that other devices connected to your phone line are plugged in correctly (e.g., answering machine, fax, computer modem, alarm system). Ensure the volume on your phone is turned up.
2. How to install telephone wiring myself
Learn how to do the installation of you telephone wiring (inside wires, jacks,…). Locate Bell cables and demarcation point and plan your own installation…
3. How can Bell help with wire installation and repair?
If you have a single-line home or business telephone service, the installation and maintenance of wiring and jacks inside your premises is your...
4. How to identify Bell Home phone inside wiring problems
Ensure that your inside wire is connected properly at the demarcation point. You can determine a lot about...
5. How to suspend or redirect my Bell Home phone service
Save money by suspending your Bell Home phone service while you're away or on vacation. Learn more.
6. How to get a non-published Bell Home phone number
Request a new unlisted number from Bell customer service. Unfortunately, an existing listed number cannot be unlisted.
7. How to use directory assistance (4-1-1)
For local, national and US directory assistance, simply dial 4-1-1. (Or you can dial an area code + 555-1212.) You’ll need to provide the name, city,...
8. How to order a Bell phone directory
To get a local directory or request additional copies, call 1 800 268-5637. To purchase directories outside of your locality, call 1 877 987-8737.
9. How to make a Bell Care plan claim
Make a claim related to a Bell DishCare, PhoneCare or WireCare plan by calling one of the provided phone numbers.
10. Can I keep my current phone number when I switch to Bell Home phone?
If you are staying in the same general calling area you should be able to keep the same phone number you currently have when you switch to Bell....