1. I get an error message when browsing the Internet.
The remote web server can’t find the web address (URL) you typed.
2. How to change existing wireless settings on my Cellpipe 7130 modem
Your modem comes with a variety of default settings that can be changed. For example, to connect to the Wi-Fi network, you'll need to know the password. You can change these settings so that it's more memorable.
3. How to set up an administrator password on my Cellpipe 7130 modem
A strong administrator password helps prevent unauthorized access to your modem.
4. How to reboot my Cellpipe 7130 modem
Rebooting your modem will usually fix any Internet connection problems.
5. How to reset TCP/IP (Windows)
One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. Follow these instructions if you can't connect to the Internet and you've tried all other methods to resolve the problem.
6. How to change the name of my wireless network on my Cellpipe 7130 modem
To connect to a Wi-Fi network, you need to know its network name (SSID). You can change the network name to something more memorable.
7. How to find my Bell Internet user ID (b1 number)
When you signed up for Bell Internet, you were automatically assigned a Bell Internet user ID (e.g., b1xxxxxx). Your modem needs this ID to connect to the Internet, and you might need it to identify yourself when contacting Bell.
You can find your Bell Internet user ID in your welcome kit and on your bill. You can also find it by logging in to MyBell.
8. How to find my username for MyBell
If you've forgotten your MyBell username, you can retrieve it online.