How to use Call Waiting on my mobile phone
What is Call Waiting for my mobile phone?
Bell Mobility Call Waiting lets you receive incoming calls when you're already on the phone. When a second call comes in you'll hear a soft beep (only audible to you). Follow the instructions on your phone’s screen to answer the second call and your first call will be put on hold.
If you decide not to answer a second incoming call, and you subscribe to Bell Mobility's Message Centre, the call will be forwarded directly to your voicemail
- When you use Call Waiting, air time charges apply to both calls.
- Call Waiting doesn't work when you are using Call Forwarding or Conference Calling.
Using Call Waiting
Bell Mobility Call Waiting lets you receive incoming calls when you're already on the phone. When a second call comes in you'll hear a soft beep (only audible to you). You can choose to answer the call, as described below, or let the call go to your voicemail (if you subscribe to it).
The steps for answering the second call are different depending on which Bell Mobility network your phone or smartphone uses.
Do you know which network your device uses?
- Don't know
- To answer the second call, look for the on-screen menu, which will provide an option to either Accept or Answer. Choosing this option will put the current call on hold and connect you with the second caller.
- Use your menu options to put the second call on hold and reconnect with the first caller.
- You can alternate between callers as often as you wish by using the menu options. Some phones also allow you to create a conference call with the two callers. Please consult your phone's user guide by visiting our Phones and accessories page and selecting your phone.
- To end the active call, press END.
- To answer the second call, press SEND. This puts your first call on hold and connects you with your second call.
- To put the second call on hold and reconnect with the first one, press SEND.
- You can switch back and forth as often as you like by pressing SEND.
- To end both calls at once, press END.
Tip: Do not press END to hang up on just one caller, because this will end both calls. Ask one caller to hang up and carry on your second conversation.
Subscribing to Call Waiting
Call Waiting is included with most Bell Mobility rate plans. If it’s not part of yours, you can add it: