By learning the basics of your Fibe TV service, you will soon be able to easily turn on the receiver and change channels. You’ll also be able to use the Fibe TV menus and on-screen guide to get more information about a program and to see what’s playing later as well as on other channels.
Turning on your Fibe TV Receiver
- Press the BELL button and then the POWER button on the remote control.
- Turn on your TV and other audio-video devices, either manually or with your Fibe TV remote control. Learn how to program your remote
Changing TV channels
- To tune in to the next or previous channel, use the + and - buttons on the remote or the navigation controls on the Fibe TV receiver.
- To tune in to a specific channel, enter the desired channel number using the numbers on the remote
See what’s playing later or on other channels
- As you’re watching TV, press the arrow keys to see what’s playing elsewhere.
- The up/down arrows step backwards or forward through programs currently playing on other channels
- The forward/back arrows step backwards or forward through programs playing at other times.
- When you press an arrow button, the browse panel appears at the bottom of the screen while your original program continues to play in the background.
The browse panel displays the title of the program and other relevant information such as the time remaining of a live TV program
- Press SELECT to tune to the program shown in the browse panel or to find out more about the program if it’s not yet playing.
- Press SELECT again to close the browse panel and return to your original program in full screen. Also, the browse panel will disappear after 10 seconds of inactivity.
Get more information about a program
- While browsing programs, press the Info button on the remote to get more information about a program.
- The Program Info screen appears. In addition to a summary, the screen includes related options such as:
- Watch, Record episode, Record series and More show times for a currently playing live TV episode
- Rent and Watch preview for a video On Demand program
- Use the up/down arrows to select an option and then press SELECT.