If your channels are changing by themselves, the remote of a neighbour, or someone else close by, may be using the same address (frequency) as yours. Because some remotes use radio signals that can change channels even if you don’t point them directly at the receiver (and even through walls), your neighbours may essentially be changing channels on your receiver with their own remotes.
To correct the issue, change your remote’s address.
- Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel of your receiver to display the System Information screen.
Hint: If you can’t see any buttons on the front panel, they may be located behind a door. Simply press and release the door to open it and reveal the buttons.
- Take note of the number beside the remote address field.
- Press and hold the SAT button on your remote control until the TV, VCR and AUX buttons light up.
- Release the SAT button. It should start to flash.
- While the SAT button is flashing, enter any number from 1 to 16, as long as it’s different from the one that is already in the remote address field.
- After entering the number, press the # button on your remote. The SAT light will flash three times.
- Press the RECORD button on your remote control. The remote address field on the system info screen should now reflect the code entered in step 5.
- Exit from the System Information screen by pressing the CANCEL button on your remote control.
If your channels are still changing on their own, please contact us for further assistance.