Your Bell Satellite TV receiver provides two audio types: Dolby Digital and Linear PCM (regular mono or stereo sound). Dolby Digital lets you hear surround sound through your surround sound system.
To make changes to your Dolby Digital settings:
- Press MENU on your remote control.
- Select System Setup.
- Select Dolby Digital.
- Select Dolby Digital/PCM.
- Select the Line mode (if available).
- Select Done.
- Only Dolby Digital can provide full 5.1 surround sound
- Dolby Digital surround sound may not be available on all programs
Some Bell receivers will also have the Line Mode setting which provides Dolby Stereo Surround and the RF mode setting which provides Standard Stereo audio.
Older sound systems may not be able to process Dolby Digital and you should consult your surround sound system owner's manual for details.
If your sound system has trouble processing Dolby Digital surround sound, the recommended setting would be:
- PCM only
- RF mode (if applicable)