How to activate my SmartCard
You recently received a new SmartCard or SmartCards in the mail. Please install and activate your new card as soon as possible to restore your programming. Follow the steps further below
If you have already followed the instructions in the letter accompanying your card and have replaced it in your receiver, you can activate your SmartCard online now.
You may be required to return your old card within 30 days. In such cases, the letter will provide instructions on what to do. In addition to the information you received in the mail, this page offers FAQs and troubleshooting tips.
4 steps to activating your new card:
- Turn on your TV and Bell Satellite TV digital receiver. Please do not remove your SmartCard until you reach the appropriate step in these instructions.
- Verify that your receiver has the most current software by accessing the System Information screen with your remote control.
- Press the MENU button
- Select 6 for System Set-up
- Select 1 for Installation
- Select 3 for System Information
- Replace the card
Locate the SmartCard slot on the front, left-hand side of your receiver. Depending on your model, it is either exposed or behind a protective panel.
- Remove the existing SmartCard from your receiver.
- Check that the number on the existing SmartCard matches the number identified as the old SmartCard on the letter you received with your package. If your receiver has an empty slot, the old SmartCard number can be found on the System Information screen
- Insert the new SmartCard (with the bar code facing down, and to the right) into your receiver
Please repeat these steps for all the SmartCards you received in your package.
- Activate the new card
Once you have installed the new card, activate it online.
You do not need to do anything else. Allow about 30 minutes before all of your television programming returns. In some rare cases, it may take up to two hours. During this time, you will not be able to view or record programming. Replacing your SmartCard does not erase previously recorded PVR programming or scheduled PVR events.
Please refer to your letter for instructions on what to do with your old card.